I read and research voraciously about health and natural health products, many times inspired by the insightful conversations I have with our customers at farmers markets and street fairs.
Everyone at my little company, Ohana Soaps, believes in bath and body products that promote health and well being, in environmentally sustainable products, and in fair trade.
I have always used shea butter when I make the soaps and lotions we offer.
In my research, I saw this article by the American Shea Butter Institute, and want to share it with you. Below are many of the reasons why we too believe in the power of shea.
"21 REASONS TO USE SHEA BUTTER"
- Reposted from the American Shea Butter Institute, a bio-tech institute dedicated to the improvement of human health and well-being through basic and applied scientific research.
Shea Butter will provide improvement in all the conditions listed below. As you use this multi-purpose cream you are likely to discover additional uses. The amount of time required for optimum results with various conditions may vary with each condition. Wrinkles, for example, require 4 to 6 weeks of daily use. Itching is relieved immediately.
1. dry skin
2. skin rash
3. skin peeling after tanning
4. blemishes and wrinkles
5. itching skin
7. shaving cream for a smooth silky shave.
8. small skin wounds
9. skin cracks
10. tough or rough skin on feet
11. cold weather
13. stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
14. insect bites
15. healthy skin
16. muscle fatigue, aches and tension
17. before and after strenuous exercise
18. skin allergies such as poison ivy or poison oak
21. skin damage from heat (hot grease while cooking, radiation treatment for certain medical problems, etc.)
Full article: http://www.sheainstitute.com/asbi-library/21reasons/
ASBI has become internationally recognized as a leader in the innovation and advancement of Shea Butter ingredients and/or derivatives of its ingredients in the development of new commercial uses and products.The Institute provides consumer and industry education on Shea Butter; establishes voluntary standards on the quality of Shea Butter entering the USA and promotes the benefits of Shea Butter in various US industries. ASBI’s full range of services are designed to stimulate the global Shea Butter value chain, drive discoveries that raise the awareness of Shea Butter as a commodity and enrich multilateral trading opportunities.
The information provided here or elsewhere on the ASBI and Ohana Soaps sites is not intended to constitute professional medical advice for treatment. We encourage you to consult your personal physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Ohana Soaps does not receive funding or endorsements from ASBI, and vice versa.